- Liturgy - General (23)
- Call to worship and Salutation (10)
- Confessing of sin and assurance of pardon (7)
- Praise in music and song (General) (42)
- Public Prayer (26)
- Scripture reading (11)
- Preaching (place in worship service) (9)
- Gifts and offerings (9)
- Corporate confession of faith (3)
- The Amen (3)
- Sacraments in the worship service (20)
- Benediction (10)
Why do we worship the way we do? This is the question this booklet seeks to answer. It looks at corporate worship from a Presbyterian practice. It examines the principles of worship, preparing for worship, and the elements of liturgy: salutation, prayer, singing, offering, place of sacraments, and the benediction.
The laying on of hands is attracting renewed interest in some Christian circles. What does the laying on of hands signify? This article reflects on this practice, and offers suggestions for how it might be expanded today.